Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stumped and Moving On

I have been finding it very hard to verify and find much out on my Charles Jester. The family story goes he ran away from home at 10 yrs old but I have know way of knowing if this is true or not. I have been unable to find him in any census records until after he married Hattie Jane Anderson. The census records change the year he was born from census to census. Even his death record and headstone give two different years of birth the death record says 1870 and the headstone says 1868 which is most likely the right date from all I have found. I did find he had a brother living in Kansas City Mo at the same time he lived in Kansas City KS and they are both buried in the same cemetery. His brothers death certificate states his father as Jesse Jester which is who I thought all along was Charles father but hadn't been able to prove. I for now will lay Charles aside and work on another line, but I will continue to look for proof of who his parents were and find more info on him. I hope some day to maybe find cousins or someone who can help with this side but for now I will move on. Sometimes it is good to step away from the brick wall person and then come back later to them for me so that is what I am doing.

I will share the death certificate, marriage record and headstone with you so that you can see what I mean about the dates.



Until Next Time 
Keep on Sleuthing and Happy Hunting you Ancestors

No comments:

Post a Comment