Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ancestor Charles Jester


Charles A Jester has been one of my stumbling blocks in my family research. I know he was suppose to be born in Washington County, IA according to his death certificate and his head stone says 1868 though other things have him being born in 1866 or 1869 also. He died in 1942 in Wyandotte County Kansas City, KS in 1942. He married Hattie Jane Anderson in Cloud County KS but she was born and lived in Brown County Kansas. They had 6 children Laura, Bessie, Susie, Daniel, Jesse and James all born in Horton, Brown County KS. Susie died as a young girl in Brown County KS and Daniel died in Aug. 1902 two months after he was born. He was a twin to my grandfather Jesse and they were born May 10, 1902. Daniel also died in Horton Brown County, KS. They moved to Kansas City KS in the late 1920's they are listed in the 1930 census as living in Wyandotte County, Kansas City, KS. I have yet to find out anything on Charles childhood or who his parents are. My granddad and my Great Uncle Jim did know much about his family either when we shared before they both died. Children of the other children of Charles and Hattie don't seem to know anything either. He is a very elusive ancestor and the search is on going to find his parents and more about Charles. The picture above is of Charles and Hattie's headstone at Highland Park Cemetery in Kansas City, Wyandotte County, KS. The search is on going and I will some day find out more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment