Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Finding the hard to find

When we start searching our family trees we sometimes have trouble finding people. When I started searching my Snodgrass family all I knew is what my Grandmother had told me which didn't amount to much since her and my Grandfather separated when my Mother was very little. I searched with what I knew and soon found my Mom's half sisters names by way of an obituary but it took a few years to actually find the half sisters themselves. Sometimes its just a matter of timing. I had gone through all the phone books for the area and had done people searches on the net and I did not have any luck but I just kept trying and every so often I would check them again. One day my daughter and I were talking and I gave her all the information I had and she did exactly what I had done but then she found one of the sisters. We got in contact and them and 2 years ago my Mom and the rest of us got to meet her half sisters face to face. It is great to get to know them and the moral to the story is never quit looking. Even if you have looked in that same place before revisit it and see if you might have missed something or someone that can help. It is a matter of never saying I can't find them and forgetting about them it's a matter of I will keep looking. Sometimes if we get away from a line in our family tree and then go back to it later you will find something that you missed before and that line will open up just a little more. Always keep going and never stop looking when you are searching for the next clue in your family tree. We added two more people to our family just by following these rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment